My Favorite Nightly Skincare Products

Hey lovelies :) 

I decided to do a post about the skin care products I use every night. I don't use every product every single night but I'll mention that along the way. My skin is very dry, sensitive and somewhat acne prone. It took me a while to find the right products that would address ALL my skins needs. Up until now it seems as if I was always just addressing one problem at a time. The products I was using would be hydrating enough to handle the dry skin problem but then I'd be losing the battle against acne or vice versa. 


                       


Thankfully, these products, combined together are keeping my skin hydrated and also keeping the acne at bay and so far have not caused a reaction. Seriously, it's like finally reaching the top of a mountain you've been climbing for years. Ok yes I'm exaggerating but I'm just extremely glad and thankful to have finally found the right products. Dealing with problem skin isn't the worst thing in the world but sometimes it can get frustrating because you feel as if nothing will ever work. If you've had acne or any other long term problem with your skin you know what I mean. I like trying new makeup as much as the next person but when it comes to skin care I'm too much of a chicken to experiment, I like the idea of sticking to a few select products. Alright, I could just keep going and going and this post would become a skin care novel so I'll stop. Here we go:

    
                       




Chanel Mousse Confort Cleanser
I'm not going to talk too much about this one because my last post was quite an extensive review about it. It's gentle and effective. Removes my makeup so I don't break out but doesn't strip my skin.


                       

Chanel Lotion Confort Silky Soothing Toner
This is a product that I don't use every night. I find it runs out way too quickly if I do and I just don't feel the need to use it daily. If I've been wearing particularly heavy makeup or my skin just feels like it needs a little something extra I'll smooth this over my face with a cotton ball. It does an excellent job of removing any residue from areas that you might have missed while cleansing.


                       

Josie Maran Argan Oil
I'll admit, I thought this oil was one of those overly hyped products that really do nothing. I'll also admit- I'm a fool, I was wrong and this oil is amazing. Even after I bought it, I was extremely skeptical but this little bottle had made up its mind to make a place for itself in my heart so make a place it did. 

This might sound weird but my favorite use for it is putting it under my eyes. My under eye area gets very dry sometimes which makes any concealers and highlighters I put there look horrendous. This keeps my under eye area wonderfully hydrated. I put literally a single drop on my ring finger and then pat it under my eye. I usually smooth some over my eyelashes as well. If my skin is feeling particularly dry I also put a couple drops on my fingers and pat it onto the rest of my face. Lightweight, hydrating and no offensive scent (no scent at all actually). Basically, just a great product.
                      
                      


Shiseido Ibuki Moisturizer
I'm so thankful I found this little guy just calling me from across the room at Sephora. I feel as if I only recently started using this but I'm already on my second one. I put this on after the argan oil and rub it in gently. It's quite rich so if you have oily skin this might be your worst nightmare. Ever since I've started using it I've noticed that I've had far fewer breakouts, next to nothing really although that might not be just this moisturizer and my old scars seem to be healing up nicely. It's also very hydrating, my skin absolutely loves it. I might have to post (an ode) a more detailed review of this one because there's so much more to say! For now though, if you have dry skin and suffer from acne at the same time or have old acne marks left that annoy you, get thee to a sephora (or macys, Nordstrom etc) and pick up a sample of this. 

                       


                     



Clarisonic
Another product (or tool?) that I thought was utterly and unnecessarily hyped up. I know everyone and their mother owns and loves this and I was quite late to the party. To be completely honest I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I've had this for some time now and I do notice a positive difference in my skin. I also tend to notice a breakout here and there when I don't use this for a few days but I'm still just not in love with it for some reason, it's strange I know. I keep thinking perhaps over time I'll love it more but let's see. Do you ever really want to love a product but just don't so you tell yourself you need more time?   

                    



Lancome Gelatee Confort Comforting Milky Cream Cleanser 
This is a product I would love to use every single night because I just love it that much but the fact is I don't need to. The name describes it perfectly, this cleanser is just plain comforting. My skin feels ridiculously soft after using this and looks glowy and healthy. It makes me not want to wash my face afterwards because it makes my skin look so dewy and luminous. Sometimes when I get home I use this right away to take off my makeup and then I'll wash my face later on when I'm getting ready for bed. I've read different reviews on this and people use it in a number of different ways but I simply apply a liberal amount of it all over my face, wait a minute or two and then gently rub it off with a couple of cotton balls. It works like a charm, however, I don't rely on this to be my only cleanser. I still wash my face afterwards with the Chanel cleanser. This is great for making your skin feel hydrated and pampered and acts as a great makeup remover but it won't give you that squeaky clean feeling. 

                      


Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Last but not in any way least is my beloved Caudalie elixir. I usually spritz this on a couple times throughout the day and then once before bed as well. I bought this on a whim really, I was trying to decide between getting this or the Origins charcoal mask (just for funsies you know) and couldn't decide so I let one of the girls at Sephora decide. Her eyes literally lit up when I held this little guy up, I kid you not. She said the origins charcoal mask was good but that she loved this elixir, barely taking her eyes off the bottle for a second. It was true love, shining upon her face, that I witnessed that day my friends. So of course, this little bottle came home with me and I'm pretty much ready to skip off into the sunset with it. I honestly thought this was more of just a fun product, something of a luxury you know? Nope. 

Not only is it a great way to refresh your skin in the middle of the day, this little gem actually helped get rid of my breakouts! Using it regularly cleared up any existing breakouts I had hanging around and prevented any more coming to visit. I think using the Shiseido moisturizer and this elixir together is what has made the biggest difference in my skin. 

I had no idea this elixir would help with breakouts but after using it a while, I looked up reviews and at least one other reviewer said it helped her acne so it's not just me I guess. Anyway, this is an awesome product whether you get it to help with breakouts or just to give yourself a bit of a refresher during the day. One thing though, it has a particularly strong scent. I'm usually very sensitive and picky about scents but this one doesn't bother me. I've read reviews where it's described as a tea tree oil kind of scent and I can't stand the smell of tea tree oil (at least the one from the body shop which is the only one I've ever tried) but I think this has more of a minty kind of scent. For some reason it also reminds me ever so slightly of that nice earthy smell you smell outside when it's starting to rain. Anyone else love that smell? I could stand outside for ages breathing that in. All in all, the smell of this elixir isn't offensive to my nose and it goes away after a little while so I don't consider it a deal breaker. 

                     

Sephora Super Nourishing Lip Balm
Oh and I included this one just for fun because I think it deserves some attention. I have very dry lips that tend to get chapped even in the summer and I tried countless lip balms that didn't do anything. I used to use the lip balm by Estée Lauder which is great but expensive if you need to use it again and again during the day. This lip balm was suggested to me by one of the girls at Sephora and I've been in love with it ever since. It's creamy, smells delicious and keeps my lips hydrated. Absolutely love it. 

And that's it! *deep breath* phew! I tried not to ramble. It clearly didn't work. I hope you find this list of mini reviews helpful though, especially those of you who have dry skin and/or pesky breakouts. You know, the ones that seem to set up camp on your face and even when you tell them to take a hike they leave behind lovely dark marks for you to deal with. 

Chanel Mousse Confort Creamy Cleanser- Retails for $45 at Nordstrom, Macys
Chanel Lotion Confort Silky Soothing Toner- Retails for $45 at Nordstrom, Macys
Josie Maran Argan Oil- Retails for $18 (larger one for $48) at Sephora
Shiseido Ibuki Moisturizer - Retails for $45 at Sephora, Nordstrom, Macys
Clarisonic Mia 2- Retails for $149 at Sephora, Nordstrom, Macys 
Lancome Gelatee Confort Comforting Milky Cleanser- $30 at Sephora, Nordstrom, Macys 
Caudalie Beauty Elixir- Retails for $18 (larger one for $49) at Sephora


Have you used any of these products? Did you love them? Hate them? Do you have any skin care products that you're utterly thankful you found? Feel free to ramble :) 


    












No comments:

Post a Comment