Review - Lancome Energie De Vie Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Lotion

Ok whoa! It’s been ages since I last posted! What?! When did that even happen? *looks around furtively and whispers* lets pretend it didn’t happen ok? Ok! To be honest, I lost motivation for a while but something about blogging keeps calling me back so here I am and ready to go!

Today’s post is a review of the Lancome Energie de Vie Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily lotion… which is really fancy talk for toner y’all, although the fancy version does make me feel all Parisian and chic like I have my life together and eat madeleines or something at quaint little cafés, when really I’m curled up on a couch at 1 in the morning typing this out and wondering if Kit Harrington really isn’t coming back to GoT (how COULD they?!)…but I digress.
 

My apologies for the shoddy photography guys


Why I Bought It

To be honest, I was a bit hesitant about the entire Energie de Vie line when it first came out because the initial reviews I read didn’t seem stellar or anything and an ‘energy recharge’ has never really been on the list of things that I feel my skin needs. I got sucked in though, when I read a review saying that the toner helped with skin texture, which is something my skin has struggled with for years. I have these dry patches on and around my nose that are always kind of rough and bumpy in texture and no amount of exfoliation can get them to be smooth for more than a day so I’m always on the lookout for anything that claims to help with skin refinement/texture.

Scent/Consistency/Color/All that fun stuff

I’ve had this toner for almost a year now and use it at least once a day, usually as part of my nighttime routine. The initial reviews I read before buying it noted that the products in the Energie de Vie line have a strong and unpleasant scent. Personally, I think some of the other products from the line do smell a bit fishy (literally!) but this one didn’t bother me at all and I’m the kind of person who refuses to buy a product if the scent is off putting no matter what miracles it might work for my skin. To me, this smells slightly of cucumbers and…hmm, I’ll report back once I’ve gone and sniffed it again. The actual toner is a clear color (yes I did think it would be green, you have to admit that would’ve been cool) and slightly thicker than your average toner.

Let me know if you'd like a closeup of the ingredients!

How I use it

I always apply this at least once, as part of my nighttime routine and occasionally use it in the morning as well. Unlike most toners, this special little potion isn’t meant to be applied with a cotton ball/pad. Instead, you’re supposed to gently press or rub it into your skin with your fingers. Honestly, I’ve tried it both ways and it was fine either way but I do prefer it with my fingertips. Maybe it’s because it’s a bit thicker but I seem to need more of it if I apply it with a cotton ball.

When I first started using it, I noticed a difference within a few days. My skin texture seemed a lot smoother, especially around my nose area aka my problem spot aka the bane of my skincare journey. Overall, my skin seemed a lot healthier and glowier too, which I loved. Over time, the red patches on my cheeks left behind by acne started to slowly get better and my skin tone looked more even, which I hadn’t experienced in years! I was absolutely in love. Just for kicks and giggles, I would sometimes go a few days without applying this but keep everything else the same just to see if it really was doing anything (also because sometimes I’m too lazy to even put on toner after washing my face and just slap on some moisturizer before bed) and I would always notice a difference in my skin texture and radiance levels (I like to maintain a general radiant glow at all times, as one does). My skin just wouldn’t feel as healthy when I wouldn’t use this and the texture issue would slowly crop up again. After that, I made sure to always apply it every night in order to maintain my results.

Fast forward a few months and I think my skin has started to get used to this now but I don’t think we can blame the toner for that since my skin tends to get used to any product I use for an extended period of time. Anyone else have this issue too? Or is my skin just freaky that way?

Overall, I'd say this is a gem of a product and definitely worth a try! Let me know if you've used it and how it turned out!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment