Beautiful and Powerful Quote

Image credit: https://pixabay.com/en/users/Sponchia-443272/
"I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will not hear those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny." - Og Mandino

I love this quote more than words can say and I thought I'd share it with you today, beautiful reader. Have you ever come across words that just get to you in a special kind of way? Words that get inside your very soul and set it alight with intense, fiery, motivation? That's what this quote is for me. I have it as the wallpaper on my phone and every time I feel my motivation draining, I glance at this quote and it recharges my determination. It's so well written and so very powerful, every time I read it or hear it, it strengthens my resolve to keep pushing towards my goals. 

It's so very easy to get caught up in mundane trivialities and let them bog us down. So easy to come up with excuses. Excuses for why we can't make it, why we can't keep going, why we should quit. But that's all they are. Excuses. You must rise above, you must push forward, you must persist. Don't give up on your dreams, ever. Chase after them with the belief that you will achieve everything you want and one day your dreams will become your reality. If so many before us could do it...so can we.

There's actually a great video on YouTube of a reading someone did of this. As far as I can tell, it's not from a movie or show, I think it's the uploader himself. I'm including it below and I highly, highly recommend listening to it. The thunder at the beginning, his voice (and his accent) and the music add a certain magic to the whole piece. Let me know what you think! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment